Lithuania allocated 50.000 EUR humanitarian aid to Ukraine
Since the beginning of the conflict in eastern Ukraine the country has provided more than EUR 530,000 aid
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania has allocated EUR 50,000 in humanitarian aid to Ukraine, as stated by the press office of the institution. Lithuania has also provided more than EUR 530,000 in humanitarian assistance to help Ukraine since the beginning of the conflict in this country.
Recalling, July 29, 2015 the Cabinet of Ministers of Lithuania adopted the proposal of the Prime Minister of Lithuania Algirdas Butkevičius to help the citizens of Lithuania, people with Lithuanian origin and their families who have expressed a desire to move and integrate in Lithuania, leaving the regions of Ukraine, where the hostilities take place.
Ukraine became a home to about 10,000 people of Lithuanian origin, 1.5 thousand citizens of the Republic are officially registered here.
According to the Prime Minister, Lithuanian and Ukrainian citizens of Lithuanian descent and their families will receive government assistance in the integration of the country - provided temporary housing and social assistance.
The expenses necessary for relocation and integration of people, including fees for issuance of necessary documents will be paid out of the respective ministries, and, if necessary, from the reserve of the Government of Lithuania.
List of persons who are going to move to Lithuania is to be concluded by 31 December 2015.
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case