Linkevicius: It’s hard to expect improvement of situation in Donbas
The Lithuanian Foreign Minister insists on using OSCE SMM potential to the fullest
“International observers should have access to all flashpoints, in particular to Donetsk, and, the most important, to the Ukraine-Russia state border because, as we understand it, separatists still get the assistance and supplies through the border, which is unacceptable. Thus, it’s hard to expect any improvement of the situation”, Linkevicius said while on a visit to Berlin. Recently, he went to Donbas to inspect the state of ceasefire in eastern Ukraine; at the time, militants shelled Ukrainian positions near Shyrokyne.
According to him, Ukraine should cooperate with any international mission trying to speed up peaceful resolution of the Donbas conflict. “We know it’s complicated, but without it, it’s difficult to expect unbiased observation. I just have doubts about UN mission, because there are countries that use their veto right at the UN Security Council meetings, so decisions might be blocked even before being voted for. However, it is necessary to use the OSCE mission’s potential”, the diplomat added.
Previously, Linkevicius said that worsening of the situation in Donbas is the consequence of systematic violation of Minsk agreements by Russia.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars