Leszek Balcerowicz assigned Presidential Envoy in Cabinet
Petro Poroshenko signed the decree on Friday
Balcerowicz, well-known for implementing reforms in Poland, has been appointed Presidential Envoy in the government. On the same day, the Head of the Ukrainian state met with Balcerowicz, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman and Ivan Miklos, ex-Finance Minister of Slovakia and current Co-Chairman of the newly created consultative body – Group of Strategic Counselors on Reform Support in Ukraine.
Previously, Poroshenko discussed creation of such agency with EU Commissioner on Enlargement and Security Policy Johannes Hahn.
Leszek Balcerowicz is ex-Deputy Prime Minister and former Finance Minister of Poland (1989-1991, 1997-2000). He also headed the Polish National Bank in 2000-2007. Currently, he also serves as Counselor to President of Ukraine and Co-Chairman of the Group of Strategic Counselors on Reform Support in Ukraine.
His counterpart Ivan Miklos will also lead the group of counselors to Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas