Leaders of all EU member states called on Russia to release Savchenko
Previously Petro Poroshenko handed "Savchenko list" to European politicians
All 28 Heads of states and governments of the European Union member countries called on Russia to immediately release Nadiya Savchenko and other illegally detained Ukrainian citizens. This was stated by President Donald Tusk on the results of the EU summit of the European Council, reported "Ukrinform".
"I was asked to express the EU's position, which is to call to the immediate release of Nadiya Savchenko and Oleg Sentsov and all illegally concluded Ukrainian citizens", - said Tusk.
During a visit to Brussels on March 16-17, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, in addition to a visa-free regime lobbied for the creation of "Savchenko list" that would help to affect the Russian authorities to release Ukrainian pilot. He handed the list of persons involved in the fabrication of cases against Savchenko to the President of the European Council Donald Tusk and President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case