Latvian President: we will never recognize the annexation of Crimea
Raimonds Vējonis also assured that his country will always support Ukrainie
The President of Latvia Raimonds Vējonis came with an official visit to Ukraine. During the talk with President Poroshenko the leaders discuss both bilateral relations and cooperation in the process of European integration, as stated by the press office of Ukraine's President. "Latvia will never recognize the annexation of the Crimea and will always support Ukraine," highlighted Raimonds Vējonis. He emphasized that the violation of international law by Russia is inadmissible.
Latvian official also stated that the European Union and his own country clearly stand in support of the position of independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine. He noted those who do not follow the international rules must act in compliance with the law or face the sanctions.
President Poroshenko thanked the head of Latvia for supporting Ukraine during the session of the General Assembly of the United Nations and vote on granting Ukraine the status of a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars