Latvian Foreign Ministry urges Russia to refrain from escalation in Crimea
Edgars Rinkevics held phone conversation on the matter with his Ukrainian counterpart
The two officials discussed the latest developments in Crimea.
Edgars Rinkēvičs confirmed Latvia’s unwavering support for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine and expressed concern about the developments in the Crimean Peninsula, illegally annexed by Russia. The Latvian Foreign Minister condemned the rejection expressed by Russia of the negotiations in the Normandy format, which is the only internationally supported negotiation mechanism currently in force for the conflict settlement in the east of Ukraine, reads the statement at the ministry’s website.
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin tweeted that we expressed his gratitude for Latvia’s ‘strong support and resolute stance on another Russia’s provocation’.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars