Kyiv refuses to cooperate with Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Volgograd
Kyiv City Council ordered to terminate bilateral agreements with a number of Russian cities and regions
Kyiv City Council decided to break brotherhood with six Russian cities and regions. 97 deputies supported this decision.
“Today deputies of the Kyiv City Council decided to break brotherhood with the following cities and regions in the Russian Federation: Moscow, Volgograd, Saint Petersburg, Ulan-Ude, the Republic of Komi and Makhachkala”, - stated press service of Kyiv City Council.
The deputies ordered executive bodies of the Kyiv City Council to take organizational and legal measures to terminate bilateral agreements, deals, memorandums, protocols and other documents signed with the abovementioned cities and regions of the Russian Federation.
Deputy Head of Kyiv City Council Volodymyr Prokopiv pointed out that the last cooperation program with Moscow finished in 2013. There has been no cooperation with other Russian cities since then as a result of tense political situation.
“For this reason these documents have rather symbolic than legal status”, - Prokopiv explained.
Russia Today bank accounts blocked in Britain 17 October, 16:14
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas