U.S. Vice President Biden meets Kyiv mayor Klitschko
The U.S. official congratulated Klitschko on successful police reform
Kyiv mayor Vitaliy Klitschko met with U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden, said the press service of the Kyiv City State Administration.
“The U.S. Vice President stressed that only more effective, tangible and faster reforms can be a precondition for Ukraine’s successful development. That, in particular, concerns the healthcare reform. Our partners are ready to help and support us, but the democratic society wants to see real changes in Ukraine taking place. Joseph Biden assured me that, despite other global issues at hand, remains in the spotlight of the United States, and priorities regarding the support of the Ukrainian nation do not change”, Klitschko said after the Sunday meeting.
The Kyiv mayor informed Biden that the city authorities currently implement mechanisms of transparent management. That helped prevent many corrupt practices and increase the inflow of costs to the city’s budget by 30 percent.
The U.S. Vice President congratulated Kyiv mayor on the successful police reform and emphasized on in the importance of fighting corruption all across the country.
Previously, 112.ua reported that Joseph Biden came to Ukraine Sunday with a three-day visit. On December 7, the U.S. Vice President will meet President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk. On Tuesday, Biden is to deliver a speech at the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine’s Parliament.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas