Kyiv court continues examining cases of Russian Spetsnaz fighters in January
The next hearing to take place January 12
Kyiv’s Holosiivsky district court will continue the examination of cases of Russian Special Forces servicemen Yevgeniy Yerofeev and Alexandr Alexandrov. The next hearing is slated for January 12, radiosvoboda.org reports.
During today’s court session, two witnesses for prosecution were examined – a commander of the 92nd Detached Mechanized Brigade of Ukraine’s Armed Forces, and an agent of Ukraine’s Security Service. No more details about the session are revealed.
Russian Special Forces servicemen Alexandr Alexandrov and Yevgeniy Yerofeev were detained during a fight with Ukrainian troops, which took place May 16 near Shchastya town, Luhansk region. Prosecutors filed same charges against both of them – the illegal crossing of the Ukrainian border and the murder of a Ukrainian serviceman. The Russians are also charged with terrorist attack on positions of the 92nd Detached Mechanized Brigade of Ukraine’s Armed Forces as the Ukrainian forces were guarding the Schastya thermal power plant. At first, Yerofeev and Alexandrov confessed they were regular Russian troopers, but later refused to testify in the court.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case