Kremlin refutes information about Russian citizenship for Yanukovych, Azarov
Transparency International claimed ex-Ukrainian officials gained Russian citizenship to evade extradition
Dmitry Peskov, Press Secretary of Russian President Vladimir Putin, said he couldn’t confirm the information (TASS). “I never thought Transparency International had the authority to grant citizenship of the Russian Federation or had any relevant information”.
As is known, former President Viktor Yanukovych fled the country during the Euromaidan, the mass anti-government protests in Ukraine in February 2014. In February 2015, the Parliament deprived him of his presidential title. Yanukovych escaped to Russia, and he resides there currently. Meanwhile, a number of criminal cases were opened against him and his supporters in the-then Cabinet. Prosecutor General’s Office pointed out that the decision to disperse protesters was made by Yanukovych himself; the-then Interior Minister Vitaliy Zakharchenko and Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Andriy Kluyev were the ones who ordered law enforcers to attack the activists.
In his first interview for the Western Press in June 2015, Yanukovych thanked Putin for saving his life. The ousted official also said that the Euromaidan movement was designed and orchestrated by the Western governments so as to destabilize the situation in Ukraine.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars