KORD special police force to start working all over Ukraine by late 2016
Currently, the newborn unit serves in four regions across the country, President Poroshenko says
‘By the end of the year, KORD project will spread over entire territory of Ukraine’, the Head of the state said while delivering speech at the National Academy of Internal Affairs in Kyiv on Friday.
Currently, seasoned instructors train and select the candidates to join the police task force unit. The president remembered that KORD already started working in Kyiv, Lviv (western Ukraine), Kharkiv (northeastern Ukraine), and Khmelnytsky (central Ukraine) regions.
KORD (abbreviation for Ukrainian ‘Operative and Rapid Action Corps’) is the newly created unit of police special force, supposed to replace formerly disbanded units of similar destination all across Ukraine. KORD trainings are based on the experience of SWAT, widely known for their reputation in close quarter combat and counter-terrorism operations in urban conditions. KORD fighters are being trained by dozens of instructors who completed training courses led by U.S. experts.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars