Klitschko and Bereza to compete for Kyiv mayorship
Second round of mayoral elections in Kyiv is to be held on November 15, the city election comission decided
Kyiv city election comission appointed the second round of mayoral elections on November 15. The corresponding decision was made after receiving of 10 protocols from Kyiv district commissions. Due to the information, for the position of Kyiv mayor will fight Vitali Klitschko and Boryslav Bereza, ukranews reported.
Klitschko recieved 40.5% (353,312 votes), whereas Bereza scored 8.85% (77,029votes ). The total amount of participated in voting is 870 857 Kyiv residents, according to the Commission's information protocol.
Recalling that October 25 in Ukraine elections of deputies of local councils, city mayors and chairmen of village councils were held. Ukrainians elected deputies to 10.7 thousand of local councils. Mayors and deputies of local councils are elected for 2 years.
According to the law passed on July 14, 2015, elections did not take place in Crimea, Sevastopol and some areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which were not controlled by Ukraine, as well as government-controlled territories close to the contact line. Also, elections were not held to Donetsk and Luhansk regional councils.
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars