Klimkin's his meeting with the heads of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine - quotes
Pavlo Klimkin on Russian aggression, racial discrimination, violating Terrorist Financing Convention, etc.
The Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin had a meeting with the heads of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine in Kyiv today, on August 22, which was broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel, was held.
About Russian aggression:
"We need to have a mission. This mission, to my mind, should concentrate on three simple concepts. The first is to present and represent Ukraine. And these are not the formal actions that are recorded in conventions. It is the desire to make Ukraine a unified, democratic, European country. In order to archive this we have to overcome Russia's aggression."
About racial discrimination:
"In the coming weeks we will start to work on proving that Russia has violated all their obligations under the Terrorist Financing Convention. We are going to prove that what is happening today in the territory temporarily occupied Crimea is a real racial discrimination."
About work of consulate:
"We open the world to the Ukrainians, but also open to Ukraine for the citizens of many other countries. Number of visas issued during first six months of this year increased by 51%. This means that we are interesting to the world and we must continue this process. Our consulate helped Ukrainians who work in difficult conditions abroad and this is also part of the activities of diplomats."
"Once we get visa-free regime with the EU, and we are working for this to happen in the coming months... And this is not a technical process to travel to the EU without visas for me, for me this is belonging of Ukrainians to the European project, European traditions, European mentality. And by the way, after introducing a visa-free regime, the Ukrainians will be able to travel to almost 100 countries of the world."
About a platform for releasing political prisoners:
"Starting next week, a special platform will be launched. It enables out interacting of non-governmental organizations and Gennady Afanasyev and Yuri Lutsenko. Together we will co-ordinate the process assistance and the release of political prisoners."
About a draft law on diplomatic service:
"We have prepared a draft law on diplomatic service, it is a very innovative document. We hope that the law "On civil service" is able to show us the way. But I supposed it isn't. However, the new law on diplomatic service will show us the way, how the Ukrainian diplomatic service should become one of the best, and this is the only chance to become the best."
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain