Klimkin: Ukraine has no plans to cut off diplomatic ties with Russia, despite their aggression
Ukraine is maintaining diplomatic relations with the Russian Federation and does not intend to cut them off
Ukraine is maintaining diplomatic relations with the Russian Federation and does not intend to cut them off. This was said by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin in his interview to the Austrian publication Der Standard.
"We maintain diplomatic relations, despite Russian aggression. Millions of Ukrainians are in Russia, we must take care of them because. If Russia decides to break diplomatic relations, it will be their responsibility," - Klimkin said.
Commenting on the situation around the occupied Crimea, the Minister suggested that Moscow could go to the provocation on administrative border for the purpose of internal mobilization on the eve of the upcoming parliamentary elections.
Klimkin also said that there are 50 thousand of Russian troops deployed on the peninsula.
In addition, according to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, there was no sense for Ukraine to organize an armed provocation in order to regain the Crimea.
"We will achieve this (return of the Crimea, - ed.) by political means, with the support of the international community and sanctions."
Ukrainian diplomats shall visit Sushchenko next week 7 October, 16:40
Klimkin: ‘Russia tries distorting entire logic of Minsk peace process’ 12 October, 17:19
Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart 12 October, 17:33
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels