Klimkin: Turkey should join Geneva+ negotiations on Crimea
Turkish mission recently visited Crimea and reported numerous violations of basic human rights by Russia
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin says Turkey should participate in the Geneva + talks aimed at bringing Crimea back to Ukraine. He said this in a interview on February 5 aired by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“Several days ago, I met my Turkish friend and counterpart Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu. We agreed to send an unofficial mission that came to Crimea and reported all violations of human rights that took place there, mostly against Crimean Tatar people. I reckon Turkish representatives should participate in discussions about humanitarian problems of Crimea. Of course, there is Geneva format, but there should members from other countries or international organizations”, the Minister said.
Previously, President Petro Poroshenko signed a decree that puts into service an agency to liberate Crimea from Russian occupation. The Head of the state also said that the circle of Geneva negotiators should be extended, supposing that the EU, the U.S. and guarantors of the Budapest Memorandum should participate.
Earlier, the European Parliament approved the resolution on Crimea, saying it supports Ukraine’s initiative to create the “Geneva+”, the negotiations mechanism to restore Ukraine’s sovereignty over Crimea.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas