Klimkin to visit Germany today
Sides will consider issues of Minsk Agreements implementation and political settlement of situation in eastern Ukraine
Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin will be on a working visit to Germany on Thursday, Septeber 8. The press service of the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry reports this.
He is going to hold meetings with representatives of the German political elite for the deepening of Ukrainian-German political dialogue, as well as the development of bilateral cooperation with a view to carrying out structural reforms in Ukraine.
Special attention will be paid to the support of Germany to establish a visa-free regime for Ukrainian citizens and the continuation of the EU sanctions against Russia.
Also, during the visit the sides will discuss issues of implementation of the Minsk agreements and political settlement of the situation in the east of Ukraine in the context of countering Russian aggression.
As noted, Klimkin plans to meet with members of the German Bundestag, Federal Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and other representatives of the German government.
Recall that Ukraine's Foreign Ministry was deeply concerned with the conducting of the military drills Caucasus 2016 near state border.
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas