Klimkin to demand Sushchenko’s release at today’s Council of Europe session
Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maryana Betsa gave commentary on the issue to 112 Ukraine TV channel
‘We’re trying to figure out all circumstances of detention of the Ukrainian reporter in Russia. Our consul should have the access under the respective Convention singed by the two countries. Today, Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimklin will be holding speech at the Council of Europe’s session; the day of Ukrainian reforms will be held there. And he will mention this issue there. That’s an ordinary thing when Russia doesn’t tell us our citizens were detained. We stay in touch with the reporter’s family and specify the relevant details’. Maryana Betsa, the spokeswoman for Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry, said this while on air at 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Ukrainian journalist Roman Sushchenko, who works for Ukrinform news agency, was found in pre-trial detention facility of Lefortovo prison (Moscow). Open Russia, the group of Russian human rights activists, reported this at their official website on Sunday night.
According to Sushchenko, the law enforcers put psychological pressure on him; they didn’t let him call home and tell the wife he was arrested. The FSB, Russian federal security service, provided Sushchenko with a lawyer.
Sushchenko asked the human rights watchers to contact with Ukrainian consul in Moscow. The diplomat already confirmed officially that the reporter was arrested in Russia.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars