Klimkin: Russia tries to tear Europe appart
Ukrainian Foreign Minister believes transatlantic community has sufficient resources in order to give a proper response
Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin said that Russia has been conducting a consistent hybrid warfare to fragment Europe. He expressed this opinion at the VI National expert forum of the Gorshenin Institute, broadcast by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
"We have been discussing the US elections, the elections in Europe for a year. We are all aware that there is a referendum in Italy, possible third election in Spain, next week the king will have consultations, elections in the Netherlands, and the presidential and parliamentary elections in France and Germany. Russia conducts the hybrid warfare very consistently to fragment Europe. Not to just weaken it, but tear it apart, because it is easier to manipulate that Europe", Klimkin said.
At the same time he is convinced that Europe has the resources to give a proper answer.
"I believe that today the transatlantic community’s resources are sufficient to create the right answers. As I see it, it is not even terrorism or migration flows that is the real challenge for the EU, but the logic of how policy of European consensus will operate in Europe. If the EU succeeds, the EU will be very effective friend and partner and a point of attraction for us. I think that Ukraine is the part of Europe mentally, historically and economically", Ukrainian Foreign Minister stressed.
On Monday President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Pedro Agramunt urged the Assembly to take the decisions necessary to return the Russian delegation to the plenary hall.
In April 2014, Russia’s delegation in PACE fell under sanctions imposed by the Assembly due to Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea. According to the respective resolution, Russian diplomats were deprived of their voting right in the Assembly, as well as of the right to be represented in the Assembly’s governing bodies. Since then, the sanctions against the Russian delegation have been twice extended, while PACE urged the Kremlin to return Crimea to Ukraine, stop the military aggression in Donbas and withdraw its troops from the Ukrainian territory.
Later, on January 2016 the Russian delegation refused to participate in the January session of PACE in Strasbourg until its credentials are restored and the sanctions are lifted.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas