Klimkin: NATO support will allow complete restructuring of Ukraine’s Defense sector
With NATO help sector can be updated in 4 years
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said that the expanded package of support, which they plan to sign on Saturday, will allow complete restructuring of the Security and Defense sector of Ukraine. Yevropeyska Pravda reports this.
"The prepared 10 page document provides a clear structuring by the directions. We are not talking about the support from individual Member States, or about what is happening in the framework of arms supplies to Ukraine in a bilateral dimension. It is about bringing the Ukrainian Armed Forces to NATO standards with the help of the trust funds, or other program", Klimkin said.
According to him, the amount of financial assistance will continue to grow until the reform of the sector continues.
"There are words that the assistance package is a flexible document, so we cannot talk about the exact amounts. The funds will be replenished according to the implementation of the projects", he said.
Klimkin expressed the belief that most of the reforms may be completed to 2020.
"We should set an ambitious timeline, and I believe that the main work can be carried out to 2020, that is in 4 years", he concluded.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars