Klimkin, Lavrov nearly picked fight at last Normandy Four meeting
Steinmeier interfered before his Ukrainian and Russian counterparts stopped being diplomatic
During the last meeting of the Normandy Four ministers in Paris, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walther Steinmeier ceased the verbal conflict between his Ukrainian counterpart Pavlo Klimkin and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov (LIGA.net).
“The last meeting…ended with a quarrel between representatives of Ukraine and Russia. According to witnesses, the head of the German Foreign Ministry had to interfere to stop the “discussion”, so that Klimkin and Lavrov stayed within the limits of diplomatic courtesy”, reads the article.
As 112 International reported, at the meeting in Paris on March 3, ministers of the Normandy Four discussed the agreements on security in eastern Ukraine, which were made during the meeting of Minsk Trilateral Group on March 2. The officials supported holding elections in Donbas in the first half of 2016, mine clearing in the specified areas, as well as the ban of military exercises near the division line in the combat area.
After the Normandy Four ministerial meeting, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said the sides never came to terms during the meeting, insisting that security must be maintained first in the region. According to him, Russia refuses to implement the Minsk agreements.
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case