Klimkin: Ceasefire in eastern Ukraine is repeatedly breached
Ukraine’s Foreign Minister is in Germany with official visit
‘So far, there has been not much of a positive to surely say there is progress in the settlement of Donbas conflict. The actual ceasefire held for 1-2 days. But now, there are more attacks, including those with the use of mortars. Over 20 attacks took place during the last night’, Klimkin said at the joint press conference with his German counterpart Frank-Walther Steinmeier. It took place within his visit to Germany on Thursday.
Steinmeier assured that Ukraine can rely on his country’s support, adding that the conflicting sides should remember about the amnesty and the law about special status. ‘We know there’s a lot of work to be done yet’, he admitted.
Previously, the Minsk Trilateral Group met in the Belarusian capital on August 26 and agreed to implement the full and comprehensive ceasefire regime in the combat area starting on September 1.
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
Russia-backed militants strike again in Mariupol region 13 October, 11:31
40 attacks reported in Eastern Ukraine, - ATO HQ 6 October, 10:30
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case