Kerry's visit to Ukraine and Georgia as signal for Moscow
US to boost security cooperation with both countries
According to Unian, US Secretary General John Kerry arrived to Tbilisi on Wednesday, July 6. He plans to hold several meetings with Georgian officials. He is also going to sign the new security cooperation agreement with Georgian Prime Minister Georgy Kvirikashvili.
The new agreement will expand U.S.-Georgian security cooperation, giving Georgia access to additional American equipment, training and intelligence with an eye to protecting its borders from future potential encroachment. It will also modernize Georgia's security forces and allow it to more fully integrate with NATO missions.
The American official that travels with Kerry said that these visits are aimed at showing US support to Ukraine and Georgia in the security field, but suggested that Moscow should take note.
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels