Kerry: U.S. remain fully committed to protecting partners
Secretary of State reacted to Donald Trump’s line about safety guarantees for NATO member countries
‘I’d like our NATO partners to clearly understand our position. This administration, just like every U.S. administration since 1949, Republican or Democratic, will remain fully committed to NATO and our commitments in security area’, John Kerry said at a briefing in Washington on July 21 (Radio Liberty).
He also reiterated that Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty states that an attack on any member country is treated as the attack against the entire Alliance.
Previously, U.S. Presidential Candidate from Republicans Donald Trump said that the White House won’t be able to guarantee safety to all NATO members. In his interview with New York Times, he noted that the assistance will be only provided to the countries adhering to their commitments before the USA.
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Russia bombers fly near Iceland passenger airliner 27 September, 09:47
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars