Kerry urges Johnson to act moderately in terms of UK’s exit from EU
U.S. Secretary of State and his counterparts in Europe reacted to Johnson’s appointment as UK’s new Foreign Minister
John Kerry called Boris Johnson on Thursday to congratulate him on his new appointment. The U.S. Department of State’s press service reported this on July 14.
The politicians agreed that the relations between their countries remain all-time important, and promised each other to cooperate, reads the message.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walther Steinmeier called Johnson ‘a cunning politician who managed to use Eurosceptic views of many people for his own benefit’. In his words, Johnson will now have to face quite different political tasks and obligations – far beyond Britain’s secession from the EU.
Jean-Marc Ayrault, French Foreign Minister, claimed he didn’t care much about Johnson’s appointment but he lied to the British people too much, and now he’s pressed against the wall’.
Russian presidential secretary Dmitry Peskov expressed hopes that the new British Foreign Minister will be now more diplomatic in his remarks.
Boris Johnson, former mayor of London, one of the key supporters of the UK’s exit from the EU, is widely famous for his unrestrained statements, specifically those about the U.S. leading figures; these remarks were perceived with tough criticism.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars