Kerry: The war in Syria will not be able to stop until Assad is in power
'Assad is a magnet for these foreign fighters, who come and fight,' - said Kerry
John Kerry, US State Secretary stated that the war in Syria is hard to complete because President of Syria Bashar Assad is in power now, reported the press-service of the US State Department.
'Assad's leaving is very important, it is not because I say so or may be France, but because it is really impossible to stop the war if Assad is in power. Assad is a magnet for these foreign fighters, who come and fight. They want the resignation of Assad. Assad has lost the confidence of his people. Three quarters of the people of Syria are displaced persons and refugees. He manages only about 25% of the country "- said Kerry.
Earlier US State Secretary John Kerry said that Assad should leave the presidential post.
Saudi Arabia does not exclude the opportunity of changing the power in Syria by military way.
Poroshenko invites American companies to join National Investment Council 28 September, 19:33
Pentagon spots unsuccessful launch of North Korea ballistic missile 16 October, 13:07
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars