Kerry negotiates with Lavrov in Moscow
Peaceful resolution of conflicts in Ukraine and Syria are main topics of discussion
Before the negotiations that take place in the Russian capital on March 24, the U.S. Secretary of State claimed that the fragile ceasefire in Syria demonstrated certain progress (Krym.Realii). He added that he’d like the situation to calm down and more humanitarian aid to be delivered to Syrian civilians.
Lavrov said he would speak about how the international efforts could help resolve the conflict in Ukraine.
Kerry also intends to meet Russian leader Vladimir Putin. The U.S. Secretary’s goal is to find out whether Russia is ready to discuss how to topple Bashaar al Assad’s regime. The official will also urge Russia to put pressure on pro-Kremlin mercenaries in eastern Ukraine so that they adhere to the ceasefire in Donbas.
Apart from that, the sides are to discuss the issue of release of Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadiya Savchenko, sentenced to 22 years of prison in Russia. As 112 International reported, the court ruled that Savchenko will serve her time in a standard regime penal colony.
The Ukrainian was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters who worked in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. As the judge was pronouncing the sentence, Savchenko started singing an old Ukrainian folk tune, mocking judges and telling them someday they will find themselves behind the bars.
Her lawyer Mark Feygin urged people to immediately join protest actions against the illegal imprisonment of innocent Nadiya Savchenko.
Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy 27 October, 11:21
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case