Kerry, Lavrov to Discuss Syrian Crisis With Regional Partners
The talks will resume after Washington broke off bilateral diplomatic contact with Moscow this month
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will meet his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov and other key partners in Switzerland on Saturday in yet another effort to find a diplomatic solution to the crisis in Syria, as a devastating bombing campaign of the city of Aleppo intensified, according to Reuters.
"We are certainly working through a variety of diplomatic channels to try to reduce the violence inside of Syria, and that's necessarily going to include some Russian participation," – White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters on Wednesday.
A second international meeting will take place on October 17 in London that will not include Russia.
The October 16 meeting will be the first between the two sides since Washington broke off bilateral diplomatic contact with Moscow this month following the collapse of a cease-fire in Syria.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain