Kerry: dialogue with Lavrov on Ukraine, Syria “productive”
The U.S. State Secretary is on the official visit to Moscow
“Spoke at length today with FM Lavrov about Syria and Ukraine. Productive dialogue with important partner”, Kerry tweeted on March 24.
Earlier today, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova confirmed that the officials discussed the release of Nadiya Savchenko. As is known, the Ukrainian fighter pilot was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. The court ruled that Savchenko will serve her time in a standard regime penal colony.
Before the negotiations that took place in the Russian capital on March 24, the U.S. Secretary of State claimed that the fragile ceasefire in Syria demonstrated certain progress. He added that he’d like the situation to calm down and more humanitarian aid to be delivered to Syrian civilians.
Kerry also intends to meet Russian leader Vladimir Putin. The U.S. Secretary’s goal is to find out whether Russia is ready to discuss how to topple Bashaar al Assad’s regime. The official will also urge Russia to put pressure on pro-Kremlin mercenaries in eastern Ukraine so that they adhere to the ceasefire in Donbas.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars