Kaczynski called for the decentralization of EU
Polish politician also criticized the European Commission for launching checks of the rule of law in Poland
Polish co-founder and chairman of the party "Law and Justice" Jaroslaw Kaczynski called for the decentralization of the European Union. He said this in an interview with the German edition of Bild, reported by the "Polish Radio".
"The European treaties never speak of a single state called Europe", - said Kaczynski.
Regarding the relations between Poland and the European Union, he has criticized the European Commission, which launched supremacy of statute law checking procedure in relation to the rule of law Poland has. According to the leader of "Law and Justice Party", this procedure is not outlined in the European legislation.
According its relationship with Germany, Kaczynski stressed that Poland is interested in good neighborly relations, but they must be based on truth and mutual respect.
"Our history unites us rather than divides us. For example, goods exchange for up to 100 billion euros a year," - the former Prime Minister of Poland told the reporters.
According to Jaroslaw Kaczynski, in the historic dialogue between the two nations truth should be respected. As a negative example, he cited a German television series about World War II "Generation War" ("Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter"), whose authors are trying to desecrate memory of the soldiers of the underground Home Army, accusing them of anti-Semitism, rather than to show the true horrors of the German occupation of Poland and other countries.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars