Japan is to celebrate the 71st anniversary of the county's surrender in WWII
A memorial ceremony dedicated to the 71st anniversary of the Japan's surrender in WWII took place in Japan
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Emperor Akihito participated in the memorial ceremony dedicated to the 71st anniversary of the Japan's surrender in WWII. They paid a minute of silence.
This year Abe abstained from traditional visiting of to Yasukuni Shrine, dedicated to the Japanese soldiers and commanders - this is viewed as an attempt to avoid tensions with China. He always opposed honoring individuals who were recognized by international tribunal as war criminals. However the temple was visited by dozens of MPs.
A week after the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, on national radio the emperor of Japan declared Japan's surrender in WWII on August 15, 1945.
The Act of capitulation was signed aboard the American battleship in Tokyo Bay on September 2 - this date is considered the official end date of the war.
A 5-minute documentary about mass killings in Babi Yar released 29 September, 15:59
Rivlin: Ukrainians involved in murders and prosecutions of Jews during WWII 27 September, 20:00
Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv 27 September, 16:38
Historian: Ukrainian nationalists never took part in Holocaust 27 September, 20:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars