Italy suffers from earthqake for two days astraight
More than 260 people died, nearly four hundred were wounded, more than 900 aftershocks were reported
Italy has been suffering from earthqake for two days astraight. A new magnitude 4.8 earthquake hit the central part of Italy. The epicenter was five kilometers from the town Amatriche, which suffered the most from 24 Wednesday's shocks - about three hundred historic buildings were destroyed in the town.
Yesterday, the government introduced emergency state in the affected areas. Ukrainian Foreign Ministry called on Ukrainians refrain from trips to central Italy. More than 260 people died, nearly four hundred were wounded, more than 900 aftershocks were reported.
Search and rescue operations go on for the second day in the ruined cities, periodic repeated aftershocks challenge the rescue missions. Italian government allocated 50 million euros to help the survivors.
Prime Minister Matteo Renzi promised to allocate additional funds to restore infrastructure soon.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars