Italian MEP fined for T-shirt depicting Angela Merkel with Hitler moustache
Earlier, Gianluca Buonanno with obsene gestures made a stand against the EU sanctions upon Russia
MEP from the Italian right party North League (Lega Nord) Gianluca Buonanno was fined on $ 3,000 and suspended from work in parliament for 10 days for his appearance in a T-shirt with the image of Angela Merkel depicted as Adolf Hitler, Tyzhden reported.
In early October, speaking from the tribune of the European Parliament during the debate on the fate of Volkswagen company, MEP with the words "Did Mrs. Merkel know about what is happening in the company?" tore off his sweater under which was the shirt with the image of German Chancellor with short black mustache.
Later, the deputy again made comparisons when he came to TV debate with Angela Merkel wearing false mustache and raising his hand in a Nazi salute.
"Three thousand dollars fine and suspension for ten days. That is German democracy," the deputy wrote on his page in Facebook.
Noteworthy, it is not a first scandalous appearance of MEPs from Italian Lega Nord. On September 16 party members came to the European Parliament meeting wearing T-shirts with printed message “No sanctions against Russia” [it. No sanzioni alla Russia - ed.], nv.ua reported.
And Gianluca Buonanno supported the statement of his party fellows with a clear nonverbal image.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case