IS group is expelled from Manbij, Syria's Aleppo province
Final assault to flush the remaining jihadists out of the city of Manbij is launched today
U.S.-backed forces battling Islamic State near the Turkish border in northern Syria said on Friday they had launched a final assault to flush the remaining jihadists out of the city of Manbij. The Syria Democratic Forces say there’s a small number of IS fighters, still holing up in Manbij.
"This is the last operation and the last assault," said Sharfan Darwish, a spokesman for the Syrian Arab and Kurdish forces, reported by Reuters.
According to France24, Arab and Kurdish fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces, backed by air support from the US-led coalition, have successfully wrested control of the city from Islamic State group jihadists, bringing an end to a long crucible for those who remained in the city during weeks of fighting. 2 million residents were without access to running water or electricity after attacks hit civilian infrastructure last week.
Shoigu: Russia and Syria suspended air attacks on Aleppo 18 October, 13:24
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain