Iryna Herashchenko explains Medvedchuk's role in the negotiation process
Now the process of search of the missing in occupied territories is blocked. The problem is also managed by the humanitarian negotiation subgroup
The mission of Victor Medvedchuk in the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral contact group touches mainly upon releasing those already detained. This was said by Iryna Herashchenko, First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's representative in the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral contact group, to a Ukrainian TV-channel, reports UNN.
According to her, a special group was established in the autumn of 2014, which dealt with releasing hostages.
"Security Services of Ukraine created a group in the three-person format. It included Yuriy Tandit, Vasyl Hrytsak and Viktor Medvedchuk. This was done in order to use all possibilities to release of hostages." - Gerashchenko said.
Further on, Medvedchuk was delegated from this group to the humanitarian subgroup of the Trilateral contact group, according to her.
"In the humanitarian subgroup first of all he is dealing with hostage release issues. In addition our group is also dealing with humanitarian aspect - plead for the Red Cross access to the occupied territories for search the missing persons," - said Iryna Herashchenko.
Now the process of search of the missing in occupied territories is blocked. The problem is also managed by the humanitarian negotiation subgroup.
Back in 2014 Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of the need to entitle Medvedchuk with official standing within negotiations on peaceful settlement of a conflict, whereas Europe is absolutely standing for diplomatic conflict management.
Martin Sajdik, a Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine in the Trilateral contact group, has recently stated that OSCE is cooperating with Viktor Medvedchuk in the issue of the release of the hostages.
"Every time there is little progress. We are working very closely with Iryna Herashchenko, with Medvedchuk. And I must say that clearly there is attention to the issue in Moscow as well," - said Sajdik.
It is known that Viktor Medvedchuk is the Special Representative for Humanitarian Affairs in the framework of the Trilateral contact group on the settlement of the situation in the East of Ukraine. From December 2014 to the present day through negotiations 403 people were released.
According to the press service of the "Ukrainian choice" Medvedchuk continues negotiating the release of the detained persons.
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case