INTERPOL does not seek for Ukraine's officials involved in Maidan crimes
It says that this kind of persecution is politically motivated
INTERPOL does not seek former Ukrainian polititions related to the crimes against Euromaidan activists, stated Serhiy Horbaiuk, the head of the Special Investigation Department of the Prosecutor General's Office, during a briefing. It is considered that this kind of persecution is politically motivated.
INTERPOL does not put on the wanted list the officials and others suspected of related crimes commited against the activists of Maidan. It gives a refuse, explaining that it seems to be political persecution, which, in our opinion, is unfounded, since we are talking about implementation of the murders. It is involvement of persons into a serious crime, and we do not see any political motives in it," he said at at the briefing.
Horbaiuk also noted that INTERPOL gives no details or special explanations on its decision.
Recalling, over 200 Ukrainians from Kyiv and other regions, who participated in Maidan faced illegal persecution. According to the preliminary results of an investigation, the court has sent indictments to 40 people already: 38 police officers and 2 judges; these people brought the peaceful activists to administrative responsibility without reason.
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas