Interpol detains Ukrainian businessman at Serbian border
The man plundered public property at the sum of USD 800,000
Interpol detained the businessmen as he was trying to cross the Serbian border, SBU’s press service reported. The Ukraine’s Security Service provided the Interpol with relevant data about the citizen, which proved instrumental in his eventual detention.
‘In 2014, the founder and owner of a local agricultural producer from Cherkasy region, central Ukraine, signed a contract with a state-run grain operator. The agrarians received almost 800,000 U.S. dollars for having sold grain cultures from the future harvest. The SBU found out that the businessman pocketed the profit and evaded detention abroad for a while.
Currently, the sides settle down the issue of the businessman’s extradition to Ukraine.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels