Institute of National Memory presented website about Ukraine’s part in the WWII
The initiative is timed to the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation that Ukraine marks on May 8
Ukrainian Institute of the National Memory (UINM) presented a website containing materials about Ukraine’s participation in the Second World War; so far, it is only available in Ukrainian.
According to Head of UINM Volodymyr Vyatrovych, the website can and should be used in school education programs. The materials showcased at the site include articles, photo- and video materials about Ukraine during the war, maps, information graphics and other materials.
Since 2014, Ukraine has been marking the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation – instead of old Soviet holiday of May 9, when people celebrated the Victory Day. Under the respective resolution of the UN General Assembly, the date is marked annually on May 8.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case