Instigators of Turkish coup were troops from Turkish Air Force and Military Police
190 people were killed in clashes in Turkey during the military coup, 1563 arrested
Acting head of the General Staff of Turkey Umit Dandar said that in clashes in Turkey during the military coup 190 people were killed, reports AP. According to his data among the victims are 41 policeman, two soldiers, 47 civilians and 104 people, who are characterized as the conspirators.
Dandar also said that the instigators of the coup were troops from the Turkish Air Force and Military Police. It is noted that the supreme command of the army from the beginning did not support the coup.
During the coup conspirators captured many of the commanders of military units. All of them were taken away in an unknown direction. Among the captured rebel officers was head of the General Staff Hulusi Akar. He has already been released, he is safe.
According to recent reports, in the course of suppressing the military coup in 1563 people were arrested. Among them - the General Mamdouh Hakbilen, who commanded an army group in the Aegean Sea.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas