Experts: there are moments that indicate Panov's testifying under duress
The second detainee, Andriy Zahtey may be in the Simferopol pre-trial detention center
A confessing video with Ukrainian Evgeny Panov, was detained in the Crimea on suspicion of planning the acts of sabotage on the peninsula, released by Russian authorities shows the signs of testifying under duress.
This was stated by Olga Skrypnyk from the Crimean Human Rights Group on air of 112 Ukraine TV channel.
"There are a lot of questions to this video, experts say that there are things that point to the fact that it was a forced confession," - said Skrypnyk.
"Most likely, the charges for Zahtey would be the same as for Panov, and the process will also take place behind closed doors. This is a problem because there is little access to information, allegations, evidence that will be used by the FSB. If Zahtey was related to nationalist groups operating on the territory of Ukraine ("Peacemaker" - ed.), it can be a problem, because the FSB uses this information in their charges," - said the head of Crimean human rights group.
Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest 27 October, 13:30
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case