Bill on responsibility for denying Armenian Genocide will be discussed in Russian Parliament
"We have just introduced the bill on responsibility for denying Armenian Genocide" - Sergei Mironov, "Spravedlivaya Rossia" fraction
"State Duma Deputies initiated a bill on responsibility for denying the Armenian Genocide" - said the head of fraction "Spravedlivaya Rossia" Sergei Mironov on his Twitter.
"We have just introduced the bill on responsibility for the non-recognition of the Armenian Genocide by Turkey in 1915," - he wrote.
From 1915 to 1923 troops of Ottoman Empire deliberately evicted hundreds of thousands of Armenians from their homes. They were deported to unliveable areas without any proper maintenance. This led to a massive death of Armenian population.
According to different data, as a result of the genocide from 800 thousand to 1.5 million Armenians were killed.
Many countries condemn corresponding events. In particular France, Italy, Germany, Uruguay. In spring of 2015 Austria recognized Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire. In it’s turn, Ankara denies the fact of genocide in every possible way.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas