In 2016 Russia will continue to exert pressure on Ukraine, - US intelligence
Russia will sabotage Ukraine’s efforts to join western institutions
Russia will pursue “aggressive external policy” in 2016, hindering Ukraine’s efforts to integrate with the West, informs “Svoboda” (“Freedom”), quoting the Head of the US intelligence James Clapper.
Clapper stated that despite the reduction of violence between Ukrainian army and Russian-backed militants in Donbas, Kremlin will continue exerting “long-term influence on Kyiv”, as well as sabotage “Ukraine’s efforts to integrate with Western institutions”, - it is said in the report.
“Events in Ukraine urge Moscow to increase the number of its soldiers in the region to avoid the change of regimes in post-Soviet republics and to speed up the transition to a multi-polar world, where Russia would, of course, be a hegemon of Eurasia”, - claimed Clapper.
To achieve this goal Russia will continue exerting pressure on neighboring countries to include them into Eurasian union under the leadership of Moscow. Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan are currently involved in it.
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
43 ceasefire violations in Donbas reported 16 October, 12:06
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels