“I’m fine and under guard”: Sentsov’s letter to Russian activist
Ukrainian moviemaker sent the message from pre-trial detention centre in Chelyabinsk, Russia
Oleg Sentsov, the Ukrainian film director illegally detained in Russia, wrote a letter to Russian activist Yana Goncharova, saying he’s fine and in good health. Goncharova uploaded it at her Facebook page. “He managed to send me this letter, just to tell me he is OK. On the other hand, he always says so, and his undying optimism has been always amazing to me. His inner strength is unbelievable”, the activist wrote.
“I reckon this letter will remain unanswered, because I don’t really know how much longer I will stay here in Chelyabinsk. So don’t even try to reply. I don’t know what to write, so I’m just keeping you posted: I’m alright, alive and kicking, and under guard”, Sentsov wrote.
In an interview with 112 Ukraine TV channel, Goncharova said Sentsov already has been convoyed from Chelyabinsk, and so far there is no information on his whereabouts.
In late February, briefly before the sentence in his case was pronounced, Sentsov had surmised he would be sent to Yakutia, Russia’s Far East.
Oleg Sentsov and another Crimean activist Olexandr Kolchenko were arrested in spring 2014 by pro-Russian authorities of Crimea. In August 2015, Russian court sentenced Sentsov to 20 years in prison, while Kolchenko got 10 years in jail. The sentence was strongly condemned by the international community. The Ukrainian political prisoners were charged with committing “acts of terrorism” and “belonging to a terrorist community”. They were accused of arson of the offices of Russian political organizations and planning the bombing of the Soviet Memorial monument in Crimea.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars