Iceland and Ukraine signed Visa Facilitation Agreement
It will come into force till the end of the year
"News from Reykjavík: Iceland has ratified an agreement with Ukraine on visa facilitation," wrote Ambassador of Ukraine to Finland Andrii Olefirov in his Twitter. "Iceland is not the EU country, but it participates in the Schengen Area. So this is an important signal of confidence," he added.
The agreement means free visas for 14 categories (as for those countries, which belong to the Schengen Area). It also conducts fixed price of €35. This beneficial conditions to come into force till the end of the year.
Agreement between Ukraine and European Communities (European Union) on facilitation of the issuance of visas entered into force in 2008. The key point of the Agreement is the possibility of visa-free travels for citizens of Ukraine in the future. A Joint Committee of experts composed by representatives of Ukraine and the European Union regularly monitor the compliance with its provisions by applicants and the Consulates from the EU Member States (Schengen area).
As reported before, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin stated that he expects starting of visa-free regime with the European Union during the second half of 2016. By December 15, Ukraine must have fulfilled all the EU’s conditions and provide a report.
Among the other conditions, the EU requires to improve passport control at the borders and to introduce internal passports of European standards in the form of biometric ID-card.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas