Hollande refused to hold referendum in France on exit of the EU, - opposition
He called such referendums the "Russian roulette for European civilization"
French President Francois Hollande during his meeting with the leaders of the French parliamentary parties at the Elysee Palace concerning the consequences of Brexit, abandoned the idea to hold such a referendum in France. This was after the meeting stated by the French leader of the party "National Front", which is closely associated with the Kremlin, Marine Le Pen, writes Le Point.
She expressed the belief that such a position will increase, "the gap between the people and the European Union."
"We are encouraged to do two things that seem to be important in a democratic society - the first is to hold a referendum to ask French people question of whether they want to continue to stay in the European Union ... On this issue, he (Hollande, - Ed.), said "no", - said Le Pen.
According to him, those "who are calling for a referendum, like the British, plays Russian roulette with European civilization."
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain