13:30 26.10.2016 MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
Historic Pan-Orthodox Council starts its work on Crete
This is first meeting of Patriarchs for 1,300 years, but representatives of Russian and several other churches refused to take part in it
The historic Pan-Orthodox Council takes place in Crete (Greece), reports Deutsche Welle.
Council opened with the service in the Cathedral of St. Mina in Heraklion, chaired by Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
This is the first meeting of the Patriarchs for 1,300 years, but representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church and several other churches: Georgia, Serbia, Bulgaria and the Syrian Patriarchate of Antioch have already refused to take part in it.
The day before Ukrainian Parliament supported the appeal to Bartholomew to grant the Ukrainian Orthodox Church autocephaly and autonomy from the Russian Orthodox Church.
Related: Ukraine's top 10 Gothic churches
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas