Gunther Oettinger: Ukraine must bring 5G before 2020
Oettinger believes that Ukraine has a high potential of the digital
Ukraine must introduce 5G to 2020 and thus meet the common standards of the European Union. This was announced by Gunther Oettinger, the European Commissioner for the digital economy and society, during the opening of the Forum on the digital economy.
Oettinger believes that Ukraine has a high potential in digital economy and this is the primary sector, where added value can be achieved.
"We need a gigabyte infrastructure over the next 5-10 years, we should use satellite communications, we have to implement 5G by 2020, and thus have to come to common standards," - the commissioner said, noting that international cybersecurity standards should be implemented in Ukraine as well.
As it was reported earlier, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has signed an order to start introducing of 4G technologies in Ukraine. Earlier Ukrainian Centre of Radio Frequencies reported that 4G bandwidth is currently occupied by special-purpose system.
See also: 4G to be deployed in Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars