Groysman’s account for six months in office: Top 5 quotes
Ukraine’s PM spoke on a number of most important issues at hand
Courtesies to previous government
I’d like to mention this great merit of the previous government, the one led by Arseniy Yatsenyuk. They took the first shot. I worked in that government for 9 months back in 2014. They accepted this challenge with dignity. And today, one can say a lot was done, including the energy sector and macroeconomic stabilization. That gave us an opportunity to make the way out of the critical economic situation we had in 2014.
Changing living conditions
We’re on the right way. In several years, Ukrainians will feel we became more energy independent, they will feel their wages growing, and their living conditions will get better. Enough living amidst this crisis all the time!
Importance of the economic development in the Cabinet’s work
As soon as we came to work with the government, we developed the plan of anti-crisis actions for the Cabinet; the situation was politically and economically complicated, and consolidation was necessary in this situation. To our government, developing the national economy is vital, and, perhaps, we’ve been paying more attention to this sector than any other government did before. Development of the national economy allows us re-investing into society, infrastructure and living conditions.
Ukraine’s image abroad
We approved the strategy of making Ukraine more popular abroad. There are European countries, where people know nothing about Ukraine. It was isolated from the rest of the world due to its Soviet past. We’ve got to change that. Ukraine is not just the Russian aggression. Ukraine’s got much more to talk about, much more to feel. I have never seen a foreigner who’d leave Ukraine without a sweet memory about it.
Challenges in international trade area
I reckon that so far our positions in the international trade are weak, and it’s a very serious challenge for us. We need to make these positions stronger; we need them as a tool to promote and lobby the interests of Ukraine-made products, to create effective mechanisms of support of Ukrainian exports. That’s our priority.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars