Groysman shows what to expect from a moratorium on tariff increase
The Prime Minister called "prospectless" the solution of a number of local councils on a moratorium on tariff increases
Groysman said, what to expect of a moratorium on increase of tariffs, introduced by several Ukrainian city councils. He called "prospectless" the solution of a number of local councils, Kyiv Council in particular, on a moratorium of increase of tariffs.
Prime Minister Vladimir Groysman said this at a special meeting of the government with the mayors of big cities.
See also: Groysman to visit Brussels this week
"The price we have now is a price of a European hub. We purchase gas and deliver it to Ukraine under the contract. Then public utility companies make tariff calculations," - explained Groysman.
"You may not apply these tariffs and leave any price you consider to be necessary and compensate the difference from local budgets. But in several years many issues will arise. You will have to take money from modernization projects, kindergartens, schools, health institutions. This is going to be your political choice. But it seems to me, this choice is prospectless."
On July 7, Kyiv city council banned all structures and units of utility public companies to charge citizens for housing and public utility services with new high rates. Zhytomyr, Dnieper, Lviv and Odessa intended to introduce the similar moratorium.
Verkhovna Rada allocated additional 270 million dollars for defence 6 October, 16:08
Groysman’s account for six months in office: Top 5 quotes 19 October, 14:25
Groysman: ‘State power is institutionally weak’ 17 October, 13:01
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain