Groysman on the incident with Russian Embassy: Hooliganism is unacceptable
Ukraine’s PM opened the second day of Y.E.S. meeting in Kyiv
‘As for the incident with the Russian embassy…it’s hooliganism, and it’s unacceptable. Kyiv is the capital of Ukraine, and it should be showing example of totally different culture. That’s an petty incident and it doesn’t require any commenting’, Ukrainian Prime Minister said while opening the second day of Yalta European Strategy meeting in Kyiv.
As 112 International reported earlier, a group of radical protesters, reportedly about 20 people, attacked the Russian embassy at about 1 a.m. September 17. They threw firecrackers, some of which caused ignitions. The National Guard reported that the perpetrators fled the scene immediately after that.
The building of the Embassy suffered no visible damage.
Today, the Russian Embassy in Ukraine is to host the polling stations for voting at the elections for the Russian parliament.Despite the outrage of the Ukrainian government, the Russian diplomats and personally Russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said they will open the stations either way.
Previously, Pavlo Klimkin said that Ukraine might withdraw its delegation from PACE if the authority recognizes the elections in Crimea.
On September 8, the Ukrainian Parliament passed the law that urged other countries’ parliaments to ignore the Russian parliamentary elections that are also held in the occupied Crimea.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars