Groysman meets with Ukraine’s regional media: Top Quotes
Ukraine’s Premier commented on several important issues of economy and finance sector
Course of reforms in Ukraine
Politicians love to play with words. Some of them used the idea of freedom of speech to complain about restrictions and attacks on freedom of speech; thank God, they failed to destroy the very idea of freedom of speech. Reforms, too, caused so many negative feedbacks everyone thinks reforms are bad. No, it’s the other way around – reforms are meant to bring changes for the better. But it’s essential for people to feel these changes. Yes, it feels tough now, but things will change in six months. In another year and a half, they will have changed completely. That’s the path that all developed countries walked. So it’s crucial to value what we’ve got – freedom of speech, democracy and other values that help us change our lives for the better.
2017 state budget
We want a constructive and honest discussion; we want people to understand what kind of priorities, tasks, challenges there are in this document. We managed to submit the state budget at the Parliament in good time, and there is an opportunity to discuss it with the society. That’s the government’s contribution that we made to eventually get a fair and real state budget – not the budget for survivors, but the budget with an opportunity to develop the national economy. But as soon as we submitted it, some people started criticizing it without even reading it in first place; however, that’s a benefit for us, because this way we can remember that there is a difference between professional constructive discussion and playing experts in politics, which still remains.
Regulation of electricity prices for enterprises
We need the market price, but it also has to be objective, the reasoned one. The prices that our industry currently pays for electricity are uncompetitive; they need optimization. This issue needs to be solved – not later than in early 2017.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case